Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Slowly Disappear (Throw It All Away)

Well, it's definitely been too short of a weekend for too large a number of events. Each day packed just like the last...to a point where the slightest movement would cause the threads holding the world up like paper-doll backdrops behind us to break. This has been a very busy last two days. Tyler came down from Rio Rancho to practice with Sudden Epidemic for the whole weekend, and Laconic also had the chance to get together to practice as well. Kyle could only practice on Saturday, and we lacked Alex M. for SE so it felt kind of flat. We didn't really get to work on the new songs ("Eyes So Blue", "Misconception", "Don't Be A Stranger", etc.) so that was really pointless. It was fun nonetheless, but I wish we could've actually gotten down to working on it. We'll still be playing Saturday at the Rock For The Planet awareness concert though, so I hope to see everyone I know there!

Laconic practiced today (Sunday) for real (the whole band minus Kyle). We'll only have a five song set at the concert on Saturday, but what a set it will be. Alex got to practice on time today, which was nice, and we had our new bassist, Ryan. The songs sound so much fuller with all the guitars. We finally finished "For The Ferryman", which has this intense bass effect to heighten the epic feeling of the song. We'll be playing "Lackuster", "Swallow", "Hypochondriac", "The Rememberance", and "For The Ferryman" this coming Saturday. I think the Laconic set will be worth the listen, so again, you better all show up! Anyway, after all the playing, singing, and screaming...I lost my voice. I can't sing at all. It'll be better by next week, but right now...it's completely shot. Which was shit considering the fact that I had to sing two songs with Ian at the college tonight, and couldn't due to the fact I couldn't form any note at all within my tattered throat.

I miss Madeline. I didn't get to see her at all on Saturday or Sunday because she's grounded (for the stupidest reasons). She was ten minutes late home on Friday, so she was "grounded" from doing ANYTHING for the weekend. Her parents are really strict, and I get sick of it pretty quickly. I wanted to see some other of my friends this weekend (and some more than I did). I wanted to talk to Rachel, and never really got the chance. I wanted to hang out with some other crapshooter guys for the hell of it. I think Guys and Dolls is getting to my head. Anyway, I just wanted to do a lot more this weekend than I did. I have the feeling that if I had crammed any more into the last two days, I wouldn't have been able to handle it. But really, can I ever handle it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha