Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

My Spirit Merely Laughs

The emotions of excitement and frustration come so easily together. Neither seems to be a part of me at this moment. People rush around in endless circles around me - doing nothing, never stopping, always running to something that doesn't really matter. People scream to themselves about their problems, and learn to scream to each other for guidance. No order is conducted within this chaos, and the world never seemingly stops for our egotist existences. We're all so worried about our own well-being that we never stop to notice others. We're all strung onto an iron bar that never bends under our stress, so we blame our friends and our families for our straight-backed arrogance. Blame flies everywhere. Some with reason, some without any. Either way, nothing but a divine joy and peace should be expressed to each other. There is no reason to be upset at one another - angry and frustrated for petty reasons based off nothing but split second emotional decision. So, I guess I'm telling everyone to calm down and appreciate the life and people around you. You might have your problems, and other people might have theirs, but stupid anger without cause is useless.

"Guys And Dolls" starts this weekend. I am looking forward to the experience, and I hope everything goes well. We had to work with the lighting techs on the light cues yesterday, and everyone in the cast was kind of wired, so things were definitely not done quickly or efficiently. There was a lot of uneccesary talking, followed directly by a lot of uneccesary yelling. I hope things go alright, in the end. The show will be good. I hope it ends in a sort of harmony between everyone instead of a united hatred towards each other.

Laconic will be releasing their first demo soon.

My feelings have been kind of haywire lately to the extent that the compass in my mind has been turning the same useless circles as everyone else has. I've been thinking too much about feelings. I have some things that need to be said, but sadly will never surely cross my lips. I hold some things that need to be done, but my hands and my heart are losing their grip. There's something inside of me that won't go away, but I continue an endless battle to destry it. There's something I'm trying to hide from, but I'm always hiding in the same place. Within myself, there is nothing but a deep confusion that is once again consuming me piece by piece. I stare blankly into space, wondering if things are alright.

You know who you are when I say this. Ask me what's wrong and tell me the truth. Don't want to let you go. I can't keep my defenses any longer. It came to me in a dream. The infantry is pushing back, and retreat is inevitable. You smiled. I love seeing you smile.

I love seeing you smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha