Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

So, You Wanted To Go To The Show

Well, so far so good. Life, and it's many distractions, along with these many overcrowded time blocks - complete restraint of course - that seem to make up most of the every day living that easily consumes me, is quietly creeping up like Frankenstein's monster on my sanity.

Business is now simply routine - such contrast to the lazy schedule that I used to live so trivially by. Every day is truly a new adventure, and I can never honestly say I'm prepared for the next shaking blow. It's so awkward to refer to my life as an "adventure" of sorts. It simply makes it sound as if I do not have control over it. I guess the simple question of contraction this time around would be...well, do I?

Rehearsals are becoming longer and even more tedious, but I do not mind the work at all. I mean, of course, that's what rehearsals are for anyway. Compared to my role and the other wonderful friends and actors that have lead the fall play before me, I have awfully high standards to strive for. All I can do is try. I have become closer and more comfortable with my fellow castmates. I am continuing to work at my role as Victor with ardor, hoping every day to do a little better, and step further into the reality of this mad scientist - but also this shy, awkward friend and lover. I strive to simply become Victor Frankenstein, in essence.

We had two run-through rehearsals last week. They were the first time that we had ran the entire show all the way through without stopping. I tried my hardest to connect - to truly step into my part, and become the fictional character that I have nursed for the last two months. I am very excited about the upcoming play, even though the number of lines, the skeletal set, and the missing props are laughing in my ear - nudging me to worry. Everything will be fine.

I have discovered another like mind in this reality of dreams, but also in parallel instances (not necessarily related to the upcoming lay which looms uncomfortably close). Also in dreams, in every day life, and another reality which we both dream to come true. I have made a wonderful friend in Alex - in which every day she shows me something new to think about. It's truly a rare occasion to find a friend that shares a love of fun, and also a love of thinking, of learning, and again - altogether living.

Other new friends have grown from the apparent "bonding" (to use such a brutal word) of the play. I have gained neutral battle ground with both Robert and Gideon, and have crossed social stereotypes by getting to know Haylee so much better. In the profound, simple, yet beautiful words of dearest Andrew - "You are definitely going to become the next...Jordan Daniel". How unbelievably true my friend - not only in all literal sense, but also in the way that I am becoming so close to reaching all the beauty I so carefully allotted for myself in life. I believe I was just very lucky.

So, here is the new GlassAgainstGlass. I think I have it all covered now - the journal, the comments, the lyrics, the artwork - I was getting sick of all the accounts strewn all over the place, so I decided to move everything to one domain (www.glassagainstglass.com). Not all the links are working, because I have a lot of work still to do, but here is the main gist of it. As for Diaryland, I will virtually be non-existent there as of now (it was a good run, I must say). I will use LiveJournal for community connection with my friends, but not for posting. Finally, a home.

I picked up Autumn for the first time in awhile a couple of days ago. I opened the case, and I could barely wait to play. She was perfectly in tune - just the way I left her - and every note seemed even more pure and beautiful than the last. My fingers itch to record again with Cragin, and get back into the studio to finish my demo.

Oh well. The night awaits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha