Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Another Dismantled Dream, Due Nov. 15th

I'm sitting here looking at the site, thinking about how to get all the links to work the way I want them to, while finding the most efficient way to do it. It's becoming incredibly annoying to know exactly what you want to do, but never being able to quite grasp how to do it. Gah, I wish my mind would translate directly into the code I need, but in the end, not possible. Sadly.

I went to see the Rocky Horror Show yesterday with my family as well as Tyler and Sam. The play was amazing; so well done - I found myself finding it hard to believe that Tim Curry wasn't playing Frankenfurter, or that Richard O'Brian had cut his hair, dyed it black, and took thirty years off his life to play Riff Raff. It was a great show, and Justin did remarkably well as Rocky. It was very odd to see him in gold briefs with bright blonde hair. All and all, it was a wonderful night, and once I got home, I sat uselessly at the computer until about three in the morning finishing this damn layout. Only thirty minutes ago or so did I finally work out the final bug. Damn thing. Oh well, well worth it in the end.

I think that I'm still going to audition with "Hanging Upside Down" for Topper Revue, but I will also audition with Sam for "Three Libras". I like both songs, but it would be so much energy to play a song with a horn section. I guess that's not exactly a fair arguement - there is a string part in "Three Libras", but it isn't exactly the same thing. I still think it would be utterly amazing to play a version of "The Noose", but altogether very hard to pull it off. I don't know exactly why I am worrying about Topper Revue now, considering it's in January. I have a couple of months to think about it, and also the auditions for the One Acts between that. Damn, so much work. Just like Jean said, November is definitely going to be my busiest month as well (for the most part).

I just realized that the play is going to be over and done with in only a short span of two weeks. In two weeks there will be no more Victor...no more Henry...no more characters to parade to the world on stage. Sadly, I feel that I will barely be able to talk to Hallie or Haylee again...nonetheless David and Alex. It's very weird to think about, and it always happens like this. I go through this weak withdrawl after shows, because I start missing it. It happened with Arsenic, and it happened with Grease...I always have an off-the-wall time at the cast parties and I always feel like I truly connect with everyone. I guess that's why I go through the withdrawl - I start missing that connection. I always say this, it always happens...but then something else starts up, and I completely forget, and start the cycle all over again. So, nothing really to worry about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha