Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Rain Down The Magic

Well, I have revised the blog again - a little more to my liking. I really like being able to have all the information anyone would need available on one page; I don't know. A little chaotic, but also a little neat freak - a little scattered, but surprisingly well organized. Am I describing the blog now or myself?

Sigh. So much to do.

Yesterday, Marble and I swung back by 8 Houses Down to finish up the final master of Jane Lane's upcoming EP, Stories. After experiencing a little trouble with MySpace revamping their music player, we got four new songs up for your listening pleasure. The new songs include "A Real Live Girl", "She Was The East River", "This Is The Story", and "Vacant" (an acoustic version). I think MySpace is still experiencing a few problems with it's new "featured playlist" option, so if you can't see the songs immediately when the page loads, click the dropdown menu in the music player and select "Stories EP" from the list.

LISTEN TO THE NEW SONGS HERE!

We should have it available digitally from iTunes in the next week. I'll keep you all updated.



The Creature, circa 1954


In other audio related news, Benecio, Walker, and The Lee will present BENECIO & WALKER'S MOST EXCELLENT PODCAST OF DEATH, DOOM, AND DESTRUCTION tomorrow at 7 PM MST. This is the first episode in a weekly podcast - a collection of reflections, ideas, and plans for the zombie apocalypse (to say the least). In future episodes: Creature (TM) hunting tips, Hampshire 3.0, Jake Fairly, and guest appearances from The Baron (from The Thrill Of The Hunt). Exclusive music, scattered thought, and utter chaos for all! Every Friday a new episode will be available for download at HERE.

Elise got terribly sick this last week, and I ended up getting it too - I'm downing liquids and Airborne like there is no tomorrow so I can hopefully beat the germs and get better by the time my sister gets here. I haven't been able to go to work for a week now, so I still have to figure out what I am going to do about that situation. Really. I have just been so busy trying to work out the next few weeks - getting things going with the CD, getting promotion done, making enough money to survive on, etc. - that I haven't been able to get my head straight long enough to form a short-term plan. I need to figure this all out fast.

So many things happening/happened at once. This week was a drag. Hopefully this weekend will be better.

2 comments:

  1. HannahJane said...
     

    dang fancy pants. you're gunna have to show me how to make my blog more awesome.

  2. The Duke of Ogden said...
     

    You've done it again, and this time I'm talking about the damn podcast.

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha