Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Open The Pod Bay Doors, Hal!

Ugh. The inevitable pain in the ass that is reformatting my computer. After my computer pulled some ridiculous shenanigans - including an ever-freezing start menu, a lack of free space, and not recognizing a Win XP native DVD - I decided to blow a hole in this PC's chest and take my revenge. Armed with "the perfect XP" (a slimmed-down, performance-oriented SP3 build) and everything backed up to the externals (oh, and complications with my hard drive playing "now you see me, now you don't"), I'm currently 52% into deleting all its precious files that made my life so hard up until this point.

So many problems! First, it won't let me reformat my Leopard partition because the Mac filesystem differs so from the Windows'. Then (with a little help from PartitionMagic - thank you god!) after deleting Leopard entirely and extending my Windows partition to the full capacity of my hard drive - Windows Setup does not "believe" that there are any hard drives installed on the computer. Oh, fuck you too.

Open the god damn pod bay doors, Hal!

Now I'm sitting here on Elise's MacBook once again typing this blog entry as my computer whimpers. It should be happy - I'm probably ridding it of hundreds of unseen malware files and trojan horses (Avast Anti-Virus? Yeah. Right.). I'm prepared to turn it into an open-source fueled fighting machine. I couldn't bring myself to dual boot Linux again - past experiences with RedHat have left me a little weary. Maybe Ubuntu could do the trick.

Otherwise, I'm trying to get a lot of work hours in extra at home because my sister, Robyn, will be visiting me from Oregon at the end of September. Between having to pay rent, pay for the "Shards Of Alara" prerelease tournament, and getting food, I certainly hope I have a bit of money left over to have fun with my sister...

Well, just a little rant about the 1s and 0s - I'll be off now. Tune in next week for stories of mad beats from the world of Magic: The Gathering, and a little thing called love. Ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha