Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

If We Can Hold On Until The Mood Swings Are Gone

...We might just have a chance.

Alright, so it's almost been another full year since I've graced my blog with any kind of thought. Bored at work, and barely alive, I set out to make my blog look a little more attractive to me. With the help some sweet CSS from JackBook and a pinch of creative engineering, I welcome you to Murder Murderer Love Inc. version...well, I lost track somewhere around 13.

So a lot of things have changed since December 31st. I don't really know where to begin, so I guess that I'll start with saying that I am sitting in my living room typing this on Elise's brand new MacBook. I live with Elise and Jean now, back in Denver, trying to move along one day at a time.

By "back in Denver" I mean that I was gone for six months - living in Oregon with my family. I needed some time to really evaluate who I was, what I wanted, and what I needed to do to get it. Some rocky moments along the way - working out the future with the band, missing my friends terribly, feeling completely alone in a brand new town - but more good than anything. From my extended "mental-health" stay, I created two albums (Borderline Angelic's third and final studio album, "From The Park To Your Apartment", and a new ambient-electronica release under pseudonym Pareidolia entitled "Untitled I"), made quite a bit of money (slaving day after day in the freezing cold and trivial rhythm of Baskin Robbins), and bought far too many vinyls.

But on May 6th, 2008 - my planes filled the sky. After spending three days on the road with Elise - traveling across Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and the endless 'state of mind' that is Wyoming - I arrived back in Denver to a new apartment, a new job, a new start.

Quite a start it has been.

After finally letting go of the opressive title of "Sudden Epidemic", we most recently changed the band name to Jane Lane (www.jane-lane.com). A few shows later (with local legends Vices I Admire and Synthetic Elements), a week spent holed away in Denver's own 8 Houses Down recording studios, and a feature in the "Who's Making Noise" collumn of the Colorado Music Buzz - things have begun to burst at the seams. Everything seems like it is happening at once, and all falling into specifically placed spaces along the timeline.

As Elise so wonderfully put it, "I can smell something amazing is going to happen".

So, when I'm not playing music, playing music, or playing music - I spend my days organizing web orders and maintaining the site for The Wizard's Chest (www.wizardschest.com) and discussing the properties of the universe with Mr. Alex Marble over a few games of Magic. I feel overwhelmed with a sense of peace - even though I know I still have plenty to stress about - and happiness. Happy to have this wonderful musical opportunity, and happy to share it with my closest friends. Happy to have returned the people I missed so much, and happy to see where both my path and their's have taken me. Happy to sleep soundly next to Elise, and happy to hear the way her voice sings in a whisper in my ear. Happy.

I think I'm okay with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha