Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

I Need You So Much Closer

Okay, so maybe I'm a hopeless romantic. Maybe I'm far too much of a poet at heart; maybe I dance in sonnets and rhyme to endless reason. Maybe I have built too many dreams in frivolity. Maybe I like it that way...I feel myself pulled in every single direction at once. I am on the wall and on the ceiling. I am floating...floating like the angel I've only captured in borderline misinterpretations.

Cinammon red apple. Stunning. Eyes like I've only imagined. Breath-taking. I am the hopeless boy on a hopeless fall. I am autumn in my descent; I am silent and screaming. A laugh that can break you in two. Amazing. You met me at a very strange time in my life. I can almost be free; I can almost talk uninhibited. I can almost forget boundary and release the 'me' I've missed so much.

I find myself struggling for words...I'm almost speechless in my fingertips. I am jumping and crying and breaking down for all the things I've only been able to daydream about. I'm dancing a million moonlit serenades to songs playing in my head - Miles Davis, or some Cole Porter - and I'm pulling myself together and picking myself apart. I am my mind searching for words and only pulling out a million repeating sentences. Oh, silly questions. So many silly questions.

I find myself on a Candyland maze of step forward and back - once again, my fate is decided by a fucking card with another color on it. I find myself pacing around in my head. This distance seems farther than ever before. My romanticism falters. I find myself trying to be creative and failing admirably. I find myself being the perfect nothing.

A scene ends, a movie begins. Improv your heart out; the script is simply thrown away in the realization of dismal failure. I have to have some sort of chance...I have to not be the only person here feeling this...this...what is this? Some indescribable sense of connection? Something rediculous? Something...real? Do I dare say, real? A chord rings out in dead silence. A perfect comfort rests quietly over the landscape. The mountain range of need sinks slowly into the sand. The humor of the situation. The deafening chorus of a thousand voices. Am I not alone here? I hope I am not.

I can always write beginnings. Only she can write endings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha