Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

A Speeding Car

Beyond all the things I've tried my hardest to leave behind; beyond all the things that have held me down or I have been too blind and stupid to appreciate; beyond the little annoying flaws of humanity is where I lie. Blindfolded and broken. Left with no armor against the cold wind; left with no hope against the cold world. I laugh. The cold world? As if the world has been truly cold to me? I quickly thank my lucky stars; I pray that my losses can seem miniscule to the greater powers at hand. Let me be cold inside my own perceptions, and I shall not rain an endless shower of complaint and relentless suffering upon what I find so usually uplifting. Let me have my fleeting moments, and I will be set.

Let's sail away. Changing the subject away from a clouded mind; Let's sail away. Simple words really; perfectly crafted upon poety, and weaved with ease between haunting melodies. Thanks again, Conor. Let's sail away. I finally skipped the slippery rocks of my hesitation, and landed on dry ground with a satisfying calmness. Nervousness aside, I even surprised myself. Minus my horrible sense of timing, it couldn't have been better planned. Let me set the scene. Your typical angsty teenage boy fights endlessly for the right words. These words never come. He turns to his secondary defense against the rediculous power of his opponent (an invisible unseen force - true and powerful, yet impossible to fight) - music. Music, music, music. Words and their surrounding harmonies. The boy finds consolation within this. A mixtape is in order. Slowly, the songs that make up the puzzle-piece, ransom-note concotion of this boy's infatuations come into place. Each piece seems harder to fit than the last. A grand dance is composed; the time comes. The opportune moment arrives, and with a smooth sense of inescapable failure, the boy dives in. All things said and done, the scene is over. Always listen to the lifeguards when you're a kid: No diving headfirst in unknown waters. He never saw it coming; he never even had a chance.

So, silence. Welcome to the new blog; this is the new shit. Every other little cliche' line about the beginning of something new and the development of new memories should be inserted here. The new birth of some even deeper meaning. Whatever gives you dreams at night. I decided to let go of glass-against-glass; it's not who I am anymore. It would be so hard trying to fill the shoes of the former me. Times have changed, and people have changed. In all honesty, even though the internet is nothing but a perfect experiment in human anarchy and will never be anything more than numbers and invisible measurements of quantitative success determined by code, tags, meta, lists, and endless information...why shouldn't the internet change to? We should celebrate the little life we breathe into this cold corpse.

So, end scene one. Lights up, spotlight stage left. Welcome to your new life; would you like a lemonade?

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha