Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Say Hello

Such silly things to worry about. Mindless, pointless distractions. The differences between one order of words and the puzzlement that follows. Inferior goals that never reach completion. An endless search for the rewind button - crushed under the unstoppable force of time. Progression. Wouldn't it be refreshing to forget? To cure the incurable disease of unwanted memories and rid of their lasting effects? Imagine there was no such thing as remembering. You could get hurt and easily let go. You wouldn't need to learn from your mistakes, because you would never need to let pains of unexplainable deja vu affect you for longer than a split second decision: Am I finished learning about being hurt?

Hopefully, in a week or so, I'll be receiving a letter from far away. It's rash of me to think that my words will mean more than just words. The power of human emotion allows us to forget reason. It gives us the chaotic and stupid ability to let ourselves feel exposed and weak. Depending on how these cards play out, the Queen of Hearts might reveal a winning hand in the end. On the other hand, I might lose everything in a beggar's game.

To quote 'High Fidelity', "Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains."

I'm a sucker for suspense.

I see a million and one desperate cries for a soul mate...a girlfriend...a boyfriend...I see a million and one 'heartbroken' teenagers with nothing else to lose...I see pointless rants as far as the eye can see (but notice, I'm the one that's looking). I see wants and desires and nothing even loosely resembling needs. Success and failure; cause and effect. It's ironic how I can even think of looking for consolation and typical relief inside the trivialness of a silent audience and journal entries drowning out rhyme and reason in blind epiphanies. There's so much more beyond the text on the page; something I'm not getting across. I wish I could combine all the petty feelings I get from chemical reactions and electrical currents through my brain - the results of smiles, conversations, beloved songs, prose, and other useless things. Can you hear me? Can you hear me trying to say 'hello' from across a crowded room?

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha