Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Led Zeppelin - "No Quarter"

I'm no longer afraid of death. I guess I'd have to question if I was ever afraid of such a thing...but how am I supposed to give a truthful answer now that I know that it is not something to be frightened of. Life and death act as one in existence...not one better than the other. How are we supposed to know of death? Maybe death is just another life, in a different way. Maybe death is everything we dream it could be, or maybe it is everything we see in our nightmares. It's beautiful almost in its uncertainty. I have realized that I could die now. I might be happy...I might be content...I might be nothing at all. I could let go of everything I have. I could die now.

We cannot even begin to guess what to see past our egotist existences...Maybe we'll see angels. Maybe we'll see nothing but black. Maybe we'll wake up from a dream. Maybe we'll be reborn. How can you fear this? You cannot run from the inevitable. We are dying every second we live. It almost worries me when I see people who cannot withstand the thought of death and live in a world of self-proclaimed immortality. Their fear places them above their fellow beings, and they are selfish to think they can "save" themselves from the pace of time and no one else. I think they need to see there is no "saving" to be done. Not for them, or for anyone else. I'm going to laugh when Evan is right, and our existence is simply the fuzzy dream of a cat. Take that organized religion! When I die, and it turns out I just continue on living life...in a different world maybe...a different time perhaps...but I just keep on living...I'm going to have to find the people that ran from death with an unstoppable passion, and laugh.

As you can all see, I have created a new layout for Glass Against Glass. I tried to reflect these recent feelings on life and death, and also pay homage to Laconic and the hopefully upcoming release of the new album, "In Loving Memory Of The Man You Thought I Was". The artwork at the top was created by a fellow DeviantArtist Taphos, and is the cover art for the album. The lyrics are from Laconic as well. I will update the lyrics pages as soon as possible (so that they actually work), and also start scanning and uploading some artwork so that I can have that section operational as well.

"In Loving Memory Of The Man You Thought I Was" tells the story of a normal human being. "The Autumn Orphan" (as the album names this man) travels through life and death in a journey of the mind and soul. The season of autumn was chosen because of it's obvious symbolism within the album itself. Autumn itself is the best symbol of the end of life (renewal and flourishing life) and the beginning of death. "The Autumn Orphan" succumbs to his intense emotional confusion - breakdowns, addictions, paranoia, fear - never understanding the true nature of this "life". He takes his own life to escape his personal torture. "The Girl In Black" (another character) is the love he regrets losing, and serves as the symbol of the life he could've had. On his journey into death, "The Autumn Orphan" meets "The Seventh Angel". The angel shows him of his new world, and serves as the symbol of the "life" "The Autumn Orphan" has now accepted in death. He speaks of a beautiful existence. He also speaks of a painful existence. He shows "The Autumn Orphan" that he truly has the choice. To live...or to die. The album contains thirteen tracks: "The Imminent Failure", "Lackluster", "Swallow", "The Tower", "Love Is A Word, Nothing More", "Sweetness", "Hypochondriac", "The Rememberance", "Four Reasons", "The Embrace", "Angel", "Flowers For Julianne", and "For The Ferryman".

It's been a very interesting last few weeks. "Guys And Dolls" ended, Olions' Banquet was last night, and Madeline has been gone in New Orleans since Wednesday for her brother's graduation. I've been going through a lot emotionally, and I don't really know what to do anymore. Either people need to shut the fuck up and listen to me occaisionally, or they need to stop intefering in my life. People need to realize that maybe the most rational decision isn't always the best one. People need to see that there is ALWAYS a chance for mistakes, but it will never be exciting unless you take the chance in the first place. People need to see that I care about them. Some people need to see that I don't know where I'm going sometimes, but they don't have any right map to get me anywhere. Some people need to stop giving advice. Some people need to open their eyes, and see the world. I want to shake others and wake them up. "YOU'RE ALIVE, YOU KNOW THAT?!" Some people need to stay out of my life. In the next couple of weeks, I'll probably get yelled at a lot. Probably get hated by a lot of people. Close-minded freaks. I'll probably get blamed and made the fool. Opinionated jerks. But, simply, I don't care. I DON'T CARE. You can yell all you want, you can hate all you want, you can forget that maybe there is a shred of sense (or *gasp* even more) in the things I do...but...I DON'T CARE. If none of these horrible things happen, bless the world. Conflict will have been avoided.

Have you ever sat back and thought about dying? If you'd be content dying right now? If you have reasons to live?

"I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  2. Anonymous said...
     

    wow. i really want that album.
    i know how you feel, ok, maybe not. but i have my perspective of how i think you might feel. or how i feel about what you said. haha... im just rambling now. thank you for helping wake me up. im so happy! being scared of death will just keep you from exploring everything before it. like in big fish :) and i commented before but i forgot what i said. meh... its k. *smile*

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha