Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

For A Minute There, I Lost Myself.

I sit here...not knowing. I look at the people I know, and see chaos. It's not change; I've seen that. Surely though, it is something. Lately, everyone that I could live and die for - holding a friendship, an aquaintance, or a passing note in hand - I have barely been able to stand. It's like the world shifted a little to the left, and everyone turned a looked a little past me - never looking at me, but really, looking through me. It's like the parallels have been severed, and the balanced understanding between two worlds was lost. Every step I take, it takes a little more effort to take a breath...tired, broken, sore...I collapse in a helpless pile of defeat. I look at how one day the world turns one way, and the next, I'm thrown off my feet in a reverse direction...dizzy and without bearings. It's almost satisfying to just imagine the idea of "alone", and drift inside that dream for awhile. It's almost relaxing. You never have to worry anyone...anything...you never have to worry for the well-being of others. Selfish and stupid, inside your own little world, you play with your toys and try hold your breath (for little do you know, you are drowning). When the water finally fills your lungs, a cool, clean feeling of release overwhelms you, and you smile...floating slowly through the blue of your dream...blue...blue...blue...then black. Tell me what I've gotten myself into.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha