Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Which One Of Us Would Be The Foolish One?

I really enjoy my existence...and not for any particular reason that stands out above the rest of the human race...I mean, nothing special happened to me. I can think something did, and be damn proud of it...but I can just as easily admit that I am another simple soul. An angsty teenager trapped in a small town, surrounded by expectation and an overuling conformity that envelops another poor soul a day. It sounds too much like a Simple Plan song to be comfortable. I mean, I like this town. I like other towns. I have no problem with living here, or getting out of here. I mean, I'm here, and there isn't really anything I can do about it. Why not make the best of it? Simple beauty...It's the epitome of my enjoyment of life. I mean, tommorrow - I'll make a few phone calls. Spend some time with my girl, throw back a couple of laughs, melt into inumerous kisses...each one sweeter than the last. I'll practice some run-down songs on some run-down equipment with Laconic...make some obscene comments...and for what? For no purpose but to enjoy. I think that people either appreciate nothing...or only the future that they can so imagine so tangible in front of them. You're missing out on every second.

People don't even make the effort anymore. There too worried for their super-size fries...their haircut...their clothing. Their too focused on their deadlines...their lunchtimes...their enemies and never their friends. They fret so much for the homework...the grades...the relationships...the end. I don't know where people think they're going, but I hope they soon realize they'll never get there if they keep trying so hard. I've never met anyone who will blatantly tell me, when I ask, that they've had a wonderful day, or a wonderful past few weeks. People are too focused on the problems and the mistakes. It's like everyone is worried that they're being filmed, recorded, something...worried to impress. Everyone is too worried about dying. If you're so worried about dying, then why waste your living? I don't know how to put it any other way than people are TOO WORRIED. "So if you open your eyes...oh, what a sweet discovery...there is hope...there is joy...there is acceptance..."

I'd love to make you all smile. No matter how hard I'd have to try, I'd love to make you all smile and mean it. I'd love to spend a day with every single person who's ever read this...To spend a day. Why not? I mean what do you have to lose. I still want to have a crab dinner with Chris. I want to go to CBGB with Andrew. I want to go to another concert with Samantha. I want to go to Paris with Madeline. I want to have a therapy session with Melissa. I want to ride bikes with Jeff. I want to sing another song with Ian. I want another chance in everything I've ever appreciated. Just to appreciate it even more. Make it worth something. I want to play shows and have people listen...I want to release a message...a streetside martyr...I want for them to really listen. I want Melissa to hear what I'm trying to say...I want Madeline to smile at my love songs...I want Meg to know true meaning...I want to make everyone else happy. I don't really have to worry about myself anymore, I think I'm there. I think I'm there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha