Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Love Is Real...Not Just In Novels and Movies...

Well, this week has been mixed. I've been happy, and sad. Putting it as black and white as that. I've been happy that I've been able to spend a lot more time with my friends - especially Alex D. and Rachel - as well as starting to spend some time with Irina and such. Yesterday, myself, JP, Andrew, and Rachel recorded "Psycho Killer" (for once and all) and it was great. We also recorded Andrew's "M" and "The Reaper Should Fear Us" (which, by the way, is random shit). It was great fun, and I think just all of us being around each other was even better than the actual process. I've been very happy. But I've been sad as well...sad with missing Madeline. I get to see her tommorrow, and then practice for Topper Revue on Sunday. It's been a mix week, let's put it that way. I don't know how else to put it.

Battle Of The Bands has officially turned into a popularity contest, so fuck it. We're still going to do it, but it's pretty fucking lame now that a band's following of minions is what'll win the battle. Since I think all of us know Laconic isn't going to win, I really want Left Of Center to win. It's so fucking awesome - most hardcore music to come out of Los Alamos since...ever. I just remastered the EP for them, and it's sounding decently good. Everyone should buy a copy! If you want one, talk to me and I'll tell you when I get some copies to sell. Well, anyway, on the Laconic scene - we just finished two new songs called "Lackluster" and "For The Ferryman". We'll probably be recording a 5-song demo/EP to sell at BOTB, so everyone who actually cares should come and support us so we can get some better equipment. The Marshall amp I want (not even the half-stack...dream on) is around nine-hundred dollars. That's one hell of a lot of EPs to sell.

Well, have fun kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha