Jordan Daniel

Whether Jordan is writing acoustically under moniker Borderline Angelic, scratching out club beats with experimental project Electric Dreams Fantasy Boy, exploring 8-bit sounds and field recording with the electronic Pareidolia, or even playing homage to David Byrne and early ska in Captain Sizzle At The CBGB - the founder of Sudden Epidemic and the "voice" of Jane Lane plays music wherever he goes.

When not dancing the tango with lady Music herself, Jordan enjoys croquet, Regina Spektor, cooking, The Dark Knight, Magic: The Gathering, composition notebooks, horror movies, Terry Gilliam, concerts, quidditch, Blue Indigo, Mel Brooks, Richard Linklater, Photoshop, the internet, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, milk, Stanley Kubrick, new wave, Moog, the color pink, and the number 136.

Your Lungs Fill Like Parachutes.

Well, it's been a long time since I've bothered posting here. I actually feel kind of bad about it. I mean, I worked so hard to get the site up, and then I (as always) eventually grow out of the habit of posting here. I should really post more often...I have a lot to get out...and building it up over time doesn't help.

Well, it's December 22nd. Three more days until Christmas Day. I am excited...almost to the point in which I feel like a little kid again. But, for once, it isn't because I want presents. Or food. Or a beautiful combination of the both. I want two things...1) To spend some of it with Madeline and 2) See how people like the presents I got them. I feel for once that my presents were very personal...and in my opinion, perfect for the person. I'm greatly excited to see how everyone likes their gifts. I can't deny I want to know what people got me...if I got anything at all...I mean...if I was a "good boy" this year. I think I'm borderline.

Myself and my family cruised Santa Fe today...for looking, buying, and the cetra...I got two new albums. Both were absolutely amazing: Thursday's "War All The Time" and Bright Eyes' "Lifted, or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground". I am so happy with both albums - both artists are absolutely amazing. The subject matter of Thursday's album is very well produced...very well conveyed. The beauty of Oberst's work comes out full force in this album as well. Almost wanted to cry after each song. Conor is an amazing poet, and just as much so a musician. Other than getting two equally powerful albums today, we traveled down to the plaza and poked around. Two favorite Christmas things (officially): The Christmas Shop (all Christmas, all the time) and Peppermint Mochas. Starbucks or no-Starbucks...they still taste good.

Life is good. I get to see Madeline later tonight (I hope). Rachel at the moment is in Cancun, and I miss her greatly. I help Ian record Left Of Center's new EP...it's a working copy...pretty much a fundraiser for getting professional recording of the same material. It's pretty good as it is...definitely better than "The Fold" *laughs quietly to self* Sorry Greg, I couldn't help it. Damn swindling ninjas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Dustin

Jesus and Christ

Jane Lane 2008

Borderline Angels

In The Studio

Built For MySpace

Kyle

Marsha Marsha Marsha